Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Why does water drip inside my refrigerator from the top

Customer Question
?...
Why does water drip inside my refrigerator from the top ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/3/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
you have a clogged defrost drain in this. can you get me the model #? thanks , Bryan
Where do I look for the model number?
First, here are some tips to help with your model number:
  1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.
  2. Don't enter any blank spaces.
  3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.
  4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.
  5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.
Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

All types

• Inside the refrigerator or freezer, on the upper left or right side wall
  • Behind the lower crisper drawer
  • Behind the lower toe kick-plate
  • On the face frame of the refrigerator body

GE

model TBX14SAXKRWH

ok what you need to do is remove the back panel in the freezer and clear the drXXXXX XXXXXne to the pan, you will probably find this blocked by something, I usually get a piece of 1/4 " plastic tubing, (like the ones that run to an ice maker) Part 112625Lowes sells this cheap, you will need to run this through the drain , its located right in the middle under the coils when you get the back panel off, you can pour hot water down the drian also to see if its clear. this should take care of your problem, thanks Bryan
Is the back panel of the freezer inside the freezer or on the outside behind the appliance?
inside,part # XXXXX on this diagram. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I have taken that back panel off before but I never did find the actual drain hole where the water is supposed to drain out.
I will try again. I'm sure your answer is right. Thanks for the tip about the tubbing to push through the drain hose.
it will be in the middle under the coils, you may have ice covering it. clear the ice and puor hot water on the hole until it drians then run the tube to make sure its clear. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician