Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dryer will starts and works perfectly for a few minutes,

My dryer will starts and works perfectly for a few minutes, and then shuts off. It will restart, but only to quit again in a couple of minutes. All of the sensors were replaced, and motor. Any sugestions, it is a Kenmore model 110.66904690
ok , wow you replaced allot of things in this, you put new thermostats in? these. Part 2821Part 2893does this do it in all cycles? even on air dry?( no heat)
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, I replaced these. I also cleaned out the vent to ensure that there was not a blockage. I never checked it on air dry.
try it on air dry only , no heat and tell me what it does, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It has been running about 10 minutes on air only, and it is still running.
ok when you put the thermostats in you didnt mix any up did you? put one in the wrong place ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, done one at a time, and made sure that the wires were back on the same way. Also the dryer quit again. Run about 15 minutes with no heat turned on, wouldn't start again for about 2 minutes, and then started and run for about another 3, or 4 minutes.
well there isnt much you havent changed that we would normaly change in this case, I'm beginning to think you may need a timer in this, the motor you put in was new correct? the timer contacts could be overheting and losing contact when they heat up. I'm going to go back over the parts and see what else it might be, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the motor was new, and is probably only 3 months old. I think the only thing left is the timer, or the start push button. Every time that it stops running, it usually requires a couple of minutes before it will start again. But while it is running it sounds fine, motor is not laboring.
the start switch wouldnt shut the machine down if it was bad. I believe the timer also. you replaced everything else. have you tried running this without the vent connected?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes
well I dont see much else except maybe a bad door switch. jump that out and see what happens before ordering a new timer. thanks Bryan