Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Adora frontloading washing machine. Door Locked

Customer Question
I have a GE Adora...
I have a GE Adora frontloading washing machine. "Door Locked" light re,ains lit when power is off but unit is plugged in. Checked the filter behind the front panel and it was clear. Can't check the door switch because door is locked. Help please.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/2/2009
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
whats your model number?
looking in owners manual
WHDVH676FWW

can you start a small cycle and let it run thru and see if that opens the door at the end of its cycle

If you asked these questions thinking i could have diagnosed your problems over the internet thats impossible...The only thing we can do is give a idea of what is going on...I gave you the tools and the diagrams to do the diagnosing....Its up to you to determine what and where the problem is

washer won't start a cycle. When i turn the power on the start light blinks and when i press it , it beeps twice but nothing more
for the hec of it try this

press and hold the lock

button for 3 seconds

already tried that. if you mean the control lock button.

well your gonna have to take the top off of this to get to the latch assembly

or you can call a tech out

heres for the top diagrams

and heres for the door latch its 217 on the diagram

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you

william, Home Appliance Technician