william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

HI, THE CONVECTION COILS STOPPED WORKING ON MY SHARP MICROWAVE/CONVEC

HI,
THE CONVECTION COILS STOPPED WORKING ON MY SHARP MICROWAVE/CONVECTION OVEN, MODEL R-820BW. IS IT POSSIBLE TO PINPOINT THE PROBLEM WITHOUT REPACING A BUNCH OF PARTS?
Submitted: 7 years ago via PartStore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

is this in the m/w thats having the problems?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my convection part of my sharp microwave dosnt heat, or turn red anymoer.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

when you say convection coils where are they located at because that model number you gave me dosent show any coils? i want you do do this test for me get a mug of water put in there for 2.00 minutes and tell me if the water is hot

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the coils are located on the inside top. on a convection setting, the water did not heat up.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
and this is a microwave right? no oven attached right? just a plain ole microwave? there is a reason why i ask this and ill tell you why here in a second
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, its a counter top microwave/ convection oven. things still heat up okay on the microwave setting. the convection part hasnt worked in a couple of weeks.
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.
when you press the touchpad for convection does it feel like all the other buttons when you press them
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes, they feel exactly the same
Expert:  william replied 7 years ago.

ok thanks your top element has gone out on you and you will need to send it to sharp to get this fixed if you wanted to but in my opinion is that your gonna pay more in parts/labor then what the m/w is actually worth you can buy these for way under $300.00 but here are the directions for you to find out where to send it too

From a Sharp Authorized Servicer located In the United States. To find

the location of the nearest Sharp Authorized Servicer, call Sharp toll

free at 1-800-BE-SHARP (1-800-237-4277).

Ship prepaid or carry in your Product to a Sharp Authorized Servicer.

Be sure to have Proof of Purchase available. If you ship the Product,

be sure it is insured and packaged securely

If this answers your question, please click the ACCEPT BUTTON This is how I get paid for my skills & knowledge.Need more info ask as long as it pertains to the same question. BONUSES are appreciated. NOTE: As I am not there this is based on your observations and information that i get from you. Thank-you