MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
24031813

My whirlpool dryer just quit working this morning in the middle

Customer Question

My whirlpool dryer just quit working this morning in the middle of a cycle. I have checked all the obvious things i.e. door closed, plugged in, fuse blown any suggestions?
Submitted: 7 years ago via PartStore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 7 years ago.
Was this a large load that was in it? Did it seem to take a long time for the loads to dry prior the it braking?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The load was two king sized pillows. The dryer was working normally prior to quitting. I had cleaned out the lint area in back about six months ago.

The load was likely too large and blew the fuse. Unplug and remove the back of the unit. Find the little peice that looks like a little white bullet. That is the fuse. About $30. Your local parts store should have it in stock. Or there is a parts link below if you want to order on line.

Click here for parts

Thank you...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Where is this fuse? I have taken the back of the top off and the back off of the unit itself. I don't see anyhting that looks like a fuse.

It looks like a little white bullet.

Part 2986

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't find anything that even resembles this.
You have removed the back panel that is almost as big as the unit its self. Look to the left of where the vent comes out of the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
not there!
The wiring diagram and the parts look up both show it has the fuse. Has someone worked on this unit before. Do you see two blue wires tied together?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no. no one has worked on unit before. Wife found it. I guess I need to go back to the eye doctors.
No problem. Happy working with you. Thank you again. Have a good day...