John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

i have a kenmore refridgerator model 363.78672891 serial number

Customer Question

i have a kenmore refridgerator model 363.78672891 serial number 82373711 and the freezer is not keeping things cool enough. please help. do i need a new appliance?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello two things do you hear a fan running in the freezer? Also on the back panel of the freezer do you see frost?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I DO HEAR A FAN, THERE IS NO FROST ON THE BACK PANEL. I PUT POPSICLES IN THERE EARLIER AND THEY ARE SOFT
Can you remove the back panel in the freezer and tell me what the coils look like? Is there frost only on the top bottom?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
FROM BEHIND THE REFRIDGE? (vs.inside) i do not know how...
Yes from the inside remove the back panel the coils are behind the panel?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there are no colis...it's a fan. there's a "grid" in the front of the freezer. i
If you remove the back panel the evaporator sits below the fan it looks like a radiator.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

no...there's a fan and something that loooks like sponge like material....the back panel is about 6 inches wide and air blows out either side...and then in the front of the freezer,.

again, i have it set to it's coolest number (9) and things are not staying cool, however i keep opening up the unit.

how do i know if it's "dying?"

how can u tell it's age?

I will opt out.