Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

i have an older ge top load washer that will not empty when

Customer Question

i have an older ge top load washer that will not empty when in spin cycle. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
You have something stuck in the pump very common on these units. Heres a picture that shows how to remove the front click here

Once inside the pump is on the right its held down with two 3/8 screws. When you remove the hoses from the pump all the water will come out so be ready have towels.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So are you saying that if I clear out the pump the problem will be solved? I do not need to call a repair man for this?
Yes that is what im saying remove the front panel and clean the pump its a pretty straight forward job.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
O.K I will give it go tomorrow and if what you say works I will gladly accept and pay for your expert advise.
Ya ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good Morning,
I disassembled the washer as instructed by you and now I need to discuss additional information regarding my findings. I also took some photos to better explain. Please respond
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Good Morning,
I am sorry I hit the wrong key and consequently did not answer the question correctly.
Sorry i was off line. Once you have the front off you need to remove the two hoses on the pump and clean the inside of the pump out.