How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Your Own Question
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 297
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im installing a Jenn Air gas stove that Im converting to

This answer was rated:

I'm installing a Jenn Air gas stove that I'm converting to propane. I've done the regulator but I can't find the top burner adjustments (listed as safety valve). I've taken this apart and there are no safety valves that I can adjust. The falme has an orange tip so I know its not right. Model is JDS8850AA
The safety valve is for a gas oven, there is a 1/2 inch brass nut for the bake and broil valve. The top you would change the burner orifice and then there is a venturi with a slide you can adjust for air intake.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a gas stove only, oven is electric. The installation instructions say I can adjust the top burner safety valve but there is nothing to adjust, just a solid brass valve. Applaiance Parts online do not break out a seperate valve for Propane so there must be an adjustment but I can't find it. The burners on the left side go to one manifold where each is controlled by a non adjustable valve. Just passed each of these is the venturi, then the burners.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay these are the same as the one I have. Page 11 shows the part I can't find to adjust. The figures 13 A&b and 13 C&D. I do not have an adjustable valve or I can't locate where it is on the stove. I have it apart and there is nothing to adjust.
Do you see the brass end of the valve that the burner tube goes over? That is what you tighten.
Dave and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions