Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How can i test the door latch switch on my frigidaire washer

Customer Question
mdl # XXXXX...
How can i test the door latch switch on my frigidaire washer mdl # XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/13/2009
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 8 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Is the door lock locking...?
YES

Turn the Program Knob to the start position,

Spin Only.

• Press Start/Pause to start the cycle and save it.
  • Press Cancel to stop the cycle and turn off the LEDs.
  • Press Cancel again to turn on the LEDs.
  • Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Options and

Start/Pause buttons until LEDs start sequentially

chasing, then release buttons......Next

Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start

position. The drain pump & door lock solenoid will

activate and the washer will operate in high spin

Try this tell me what happens....Bob

the washer is spinning very fast
Door locked and washer spinning up to speed...Are you sure when you are doing a load all the water is out of tub....You may have a drain pump problem....Now try doing a load and see if it will spin properly...Check to see if all the water is draining out of tub...
All water drains out of the washer, finishes complete cycle down to about 6 min got error code 47 lastnight. hear a small click right before spin cycle was supposed to start, then all lights on washer went completly off..
waiting for reply
WHen you hear that click does the door lock completely..?
Yes the door is locked the full time, the door lock and spin lights are lite when the washer turns off.
I would cahange the door lock....The auxillary switch on doorlock is not activating properly...
Can it also be the control board, those are the two items error code 47 gives me. I will buy the doorlock, but the store says I can't bring it back if that doesn't solve the problem, an I don't wanna eat $80. Is their any way to rule out the control board..
ok, I can do that ,but is their still anyway to test if teh control board is faulty. before i purchase the door switch.
Yes you can...Remove the door lock...Measure the resistance of the PTC...If it shows shorted or open its the door lock assembly....If it shows in the neighborhood of 1500 ohms its the Board......Yours is going to be the doorlock trust me...Bob
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal