Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

ge profile 2 refrig. Wont cool freezer reads 3 but ice cream

Customer Question
ge profile 2 refrig....
ge profile 2 refrig. Won't cool freezer reads 3 but ice cream is soft, refrig won't go below 45.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2009
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
HiCustomer
Is there any frosting in the freezer section towards the rear?
Is the refrigerator warming up at all?
No frost any where in the freezer. No blockage of either vent. This is a dual system side by side. The refrig is holding a constant 45. The setting is 35. Until last week it would go to the settings.
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi. the other tech opted out, can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
The model is PSW23PSTA SS. GE profile II made in Mexico. One fan is running and the temp is rising. Cycling power no longer causes a reset and then cooling. The is one expensive POS.
are you saying the compressor isnt cycling correctly? if it isnt the you need a new inverter assembly, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is expensive, $ 282.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PSW23PSTA+SS-%3d%3dec212i1092955&PartID=1092955 this basicly runs the whole refrigerator, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician