Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

here it is I have an admiral dryer model #LNC7764A71 and it

Customer Question
here it is: I have...
here it is: I have an admiral dryer model #LNC7764A71 and it quit. BUT. the timer, and the heating element are still operating. ive open the dryer, plugged it in, turned it on, and the heating element fires up, but no tumble.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
yuo must have a broken belt in this . Part 529597do you hear the motor running? let me know thanks Bryan
no. the motor is not running at all. i have torn the dryer completely apart, tested voltage to the motor, and traced down as many possible causes i could. the heater element is also engaging when the dryer door is open
ok the heater is probably shorted to the heater casing, this happens allot. one side of the heater has power at all times and the other side comes from the motor when its running you need to remove the heater and see if its grounded to the metal casing. also you probably need a thermal fuse in this Part 3344this is difficult to see though its on the side of the heater casing in the back top behind the drum. check these and let me know , thanks Bryan
how will i know if the heater is grounded to the case? and is there a way to test the thermal fuse using a multitester?
yes you can test the thermal fuse by putting the meter on ohms and seeing if you get continuity across the two spades. the way to tell if the heater is grounded out is to take the two wires off the heater and test for cotinuity between one of the spades on the heater and ground if you get continuity then its grounded out. let me know thanks Bryan
and if i have continuity across the fuse spades its good, yes?
yes it is, let me know thanks Bryan
the thermal fuse does not have continuity. now, i test the heater in the same fashion, setting the meter on ohms and grounding one probe and using the other on one spade?
yes , and you need to change the thermal fue , this comes in a kit of three with instuctions you only use two out of the three ones for gas dryer you dont need that one. heres where you can order these. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LNC7764A71-%3d%3di3344&PartID=3344 click the blue link. good jobe you have half the problem solved. thanks Bryan
ok. the heater appeared to be grounded i had continuity at one of the spades it looks as if the mount screw was loose and causing the heater to rattle against the case. i bought this used, so no suprise there. tightened the mount set one probe to ground and rechecked; no continuity at either spade
alright that means all you need to do is replace the thermal fuse setup and you should be good to go, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
thanks for your help!! you just saved me from buying a new dryer
no problem , you did great , want a job? thanks Bryan
I may, times are tough! :) fortunately, we have a great appliance parts house here in wichita, so monday ill catch up on my laundry. Thanks again!!
your welcome, have a nice weekend , Bryan
Hello bryan. I having trouble again with my admiral dryer model LNC7764A71. i replaced the thermal fuse as directed and now it runs for a bit then shuts down, then after a few minutes i can restart it. Wrong Part?
I'm sorry to hear that. do you hear a click comming from the motor and the you can restart it? if so the motor is overheating and shutting down, then the thermal overload cools off and allows you to restart it. this could be a bad motor unfortunatly, let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician