Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Whirlpool Cabrio - wont spin, just makes a humming noise

Customer Question
Whirlpool Cabrio - won't spin...
Whirlpool Cabrio - won't spin, just makes a humming noise
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2009
Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Does the tub move freely? What is the model number?
yes the tub moves freely wtw6600
There are several digits missing from your model number. After changing the drain pump, does the washer drain?
6600swd 5.0 cabrio the washer will drain, but will not spin now.

Are you getting any error messsages?

LD error message, had a plumber out line is clear and had a technicXXXXX XXXXXe out the drain pump it ran fine through a test cycle, technician left I started a load of wash on a 44 min cycle it quit at 20 min and just ld flashed and buzzed. The technician came back out tested all the codes and was dumbfounded. So stuck with non working washer that spins a little bit.

There must be something stuck in the drain line or the inlet to the drain pump. Are you using he detergent?

yes, using he detergent and the drain line is clear. Just had a plumber snake the drain line and the technicXXXXX XXXXXed out the pump and saw no obstructions

How long does it take for the washer to drain?

stops in the middle of the cycle and I set it to spin and drain which is 10 min and this worked for a while but now it stop during this cycle also so now I just have wet clothes

If you run the cycle multiple times does it finally work?

no

Does it always give an ld code?

yes

Have you flushed the drain lines? Check to see if the water level line is unblocked, it goes from the tub to the machine control and senses water level.
yes
What hums, the motor or the drain pump?
I think it is the motor ,but I am not sure like I said the tech replaced the drain pump. Also this problem was gradual it didnt happen all at once but over the last week has become more common to where the machine just no longer works.
Are you sure the main tub spins freely?
I can move it by hand, and it will spin 2-3 times before it quits during a cycle.
You may have a bad RPS a rotational position sensor, although that usually generates a different error code.

what is that , and how much should it cost to repair?

It comes as part of the control it is not cheap, but not as much as a new machine.
how much would it cost
What is your model number?
Dave
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician