Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I JUST BOUGHT A 40,000 GRIN WATER SOFTNER FROM HOME DEPOT I

Customer Question
INSTALLED IT MYSELF THE QUESTION...
I JUST BOUGHT A 40,000 GRIN WATER SOFTNER FROM HOME DEPOT I INSTALLED IT MYSELF THE QUESTION I HAVE IS THAT WHERE I HAD TO INSTALL MY MACHINE THERE IS NO WAY FOR ME TO RUN THE BACKWASH INTO MY PLUMING -DRAIN. ON A AVERAGE HOW MUCH WATER DO THESE UNITS USUALLY SPIT OUT WHILE BACKWASHNG
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2009
Appliance Technician: built1950, Handyman replied 8 years ago
built1950
built1950, Handyman
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
I have had similar challenges in the past. The backwash cycle will use quite a bit of water and it must be run to the drain. One solution which has always worked for me is to lead the backwash water line to a sump pump/ejector which in turn is piped to the drain. The ejector is in a self contained box and I plug it into the same receptacle as the softener. They run about $100.
built1950
built1950, Handyman
THE PROBLE IS THAT I HAFT TO GO 20 FEET AND DRILL A HOLE THROUGH SINDERBLOCK TO BE ABLE TO GET TO A BRAIN
Been there, done that. That is what you have to do.
built1950
built1950
built1950, Handyman