Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

dacor stove hood, model IV 62 lights burned out. I have halogen

Customer Question
bulbs. How do I install...
dacor stove hood, model IV 62 lights burned out. I have halogen bulbs. How do I install new bulbs?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
They just turn slightly, then come out, look at the base of the new bulb, uou'll see.
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Dave,

The bulb is inside a metal assembly which is inside the range hood. A round metal bracket with a lens inside covers the bulb so I cannot touch the bulb. This bracket (and lens) need to be removed so I can reach the bulb.

Are you saying that the metal bracket with lens just needs to be turned and it will fall down out of the hood assembly?

Yes
The answer was incomplete or incorrect. How do I contact the person that provided the answer to get more information?

The cover I am attempting to remove is on the bottom of the exhaush vent hood and is about 3/8" high and about 3" in diameter. There is really no place to get hold of the cover without some special tool.

If I wedge my fingernails between the vent hood and the cover I can pull it down about 2 fingernails thicknesses before the springs pull it back up to the vent hood. I can only rotate the cover a few degrees but there is no location where it falls out.

Perhaps the answer is for a different exhaust vent hood or there must be more information on how to remove the light cover. The earlier comment "They just turn slightly, then come out, look at the base of the new bulb, uou'll see." does not relate to the task of removing the metal cover so I can get at the bulb.

On that syle you do need to pull down the cover to access the bulbs.

I understand the metal cover is spring loaded and simply needs to be pulled down far enough so the springs stop pulling the cover back up to the vent hood body.

I could not apply enough power when I tried to pull the cover down with my fingernails. I will try this approach using tools. I will then post my results.

Thanks for all the info. Who knows I may even get these 2 bulbs replaced.
Try to use something that won't scratch the stainless steel.
I used a set of tools to simultaneously hook the top of the metal cover in several places to distribute the forces and then I pulled down. I was able to pull it down about a quarter inch. There was too much resistance to pull down any more without braking something. I do not believe the cover just pulls down.

While applying a significant amount of force, dozens of small glass slivers were scraped off the glass that covers the bulb and fell onto the gas burner surface.

I do not think I am referring to the same product / model for which you are answering.

The light assembly sits up in the vent hood body. When I look at it from above, I see a pair of springs that appear to be retaining springs for some part of the light assembly. I can bend them up to some degree from the surface of the hood body upwards and inwards towards the top of the light assembly. Might these be important to the removal of the light assembly?

I am not sure what can be done here. What I need is written instructions with pictures. Might they exist? Maybe I should look for a Dacor Service Center.
I've only seen the 2 types for Dacor hoods, slight twist and the springs that lay flat, then go into a v-shape when you pull the ring down.
Dave,

I found someone that was familiar with this Dacor range hood. There is a small suction cup that you just stick onto the lens of the light bulb and unscrew it from the socket.

Thanks for your help.
Dave
Dave
Dave, Home Appliance Technician