Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.
19947765

I have a double electric, single convection oven and both bake

I have a double electric, single convection oven and both "bake" buttons have crapped out simultaneously -- dont know what happened! "broil", "convection bake" and "clean" all work on both ovens? I have tried holding down the cancel button to shut everything off, then turning back on again. Any ideas? Need to bake today!! thanks!

Hello.

Your unit has a thermal cutoff that will have to be replaced. They are not expensive but, to me, they are irritating. They trip when the temperature is too high and used to be resettable but that was too simple. This is the reason that both bake buttons stopped working. The convection bake works off of a different element around the convection fan. The oven will have to be uninstalled to reach it and replace it. You will still be able to bake on convection but the cutoff will have to be replaced before you can bake again. I am sorry to deliver this news but it is the only news I have to give. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yep that's what the techinican told me today too, and worse yet that Dacor no longer stocks the part so I am going to have to replace the oven unless I can live without the bake functions. wierd, since the oven was only set to 350 (and only one going) Any ideas where I could try to find the part?
The only dependable place to check is APD. They are the authorized parts supplier for Dacor in the US. Call them at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand tell them you have a Dacor unit and you need the thermal cutoff for the bake feature on your oven. If they cannot find it, I have no clue. I hope this helps you out.