rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
15347769

I have a Kenmore 362.7271890 oven in an apartment I am renting.

I have a Kenmore(NNN) NNN-NNNNoven in an apartment I am renting. The stove top works. Today I went to use the oven and nothing happened. I have used the oven once since I moved in and it worked. I am not even sure if I heard gas coming into the oven. I turned the gas on and tried to light it and nothing happened. Does this oven have a pilot light? Is there a part that needs to be fixed? Thank you.
Hi
if the stove top is working there is gas to the stove.Unless this is old range there is no pilot light ,it has an ignitor which has probably gone bad.if it is old and has a pilot and it will not light,the pilot safety is probably bad.This is something you landlord should probably deal with.
Rob.