Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory/company training at MAJOR retailer, now owns and operates an appliance repair business.
10734586

I have a maytag neptune dryer. I have taken it apart(just the

I have a maytag neptune dryer. I have taken it apart(just the front off) to clean several times. Now i have it apart to change the front and rear drum seals and belt. Just not sure how to get the drum out to do this??? Thanks Wayne
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eric replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you! Arent these maytag drying centers fun to play with? Laughing
If you already have the front panel off, you just need to remove the belt from the idler by pulling the idler (spring loaded) in the opposite direction that it is pushing on the belt, then remove the top-left screw that is attaching the water dispenser housing, then you can force the plastic flange of the housing to the right and remove the drum by pulling it straight out. It will be slightly against the water dispenser housing as you pull it out but you dont have to continue removing that housing if you dont want to, you should have plenty of room.Thats it! Please let me know if you need more information!
Thanks!

Edited by Eric on 9/28/2009 at 3:12 PM EST