Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I own Maytag, Model # MFF2557HEB, Serial # 10727382GP. Im

I own Maytag, Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX I'm not sure of the exact age. It is a 2 door refrigerator on top with the freezer on the bottom. The freezer is still working but the refrigerator has stopped cooling completely. Light is still working in the fridge. Can you tell me the likely problem?
let me check your model, in the meantime can you open the freezer and remove the food and take a look at the back panel and tell me if there is any frost at all on it? thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, I guess you would say there is "beaded" frost on the back panel.
ok do you hear the fan running in the freezer? you may have to push the light switch in after you open the door. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
For some reason, I can't see the "green accept" button. I see a 1speedyappliance. Is that it?
well it will be there now , was the fan running? let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't hear it, if it is.
ok thats the problem. your fan is bad. we change allot of these. these are not hard to change, you have to remove the back panel inside the freezer and you will see it in the middle at the top. unplug the refrigerator before servicing. you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-MFF2557HEB-%3d%3dei1174059&PartID=1174059 for around $35.00, this should fix it right up, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the help.
your very welcome, if you need more help just let me know, thanks Bryan