Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a Maytag Performa Dryer and the dial on the timer

Customer Question
has came loose from the...
Hello, I have a Maytag Performa Dryer and the dial on the timer has came loose from the knob. The dryer still works but you can't tell which drying section that you have selected and it doesn't keep the time. I have tried to twist and get the plastic dial and the knob back together, with no luck. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/27/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
these are put together at the factory and once they come appart you need to replace it, its only $12.00 @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-PYET444AYW-%3d%3di1170648&PartID=1170648 , even if you could get it back together it has to be in the right possition to keep the cycles straight, hope this helps. thanks Bryan,

Edited by a1speedyappliance on 9/27/2009 at 9:38 PM EST
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician