Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE Profile Microwave Model # JE2160SF03, a fuse was

Customer Question
We have a GE Profile...
We have a GE Profile Microwave Model # XXXXX a fuse was blown and it lost all power, we changed the fuse, now inner light and display shows but when pressing any options like cooking or reheat we get no power on, the disply shows and counts down the minutes but nothing happings, it won't turn on, can you please help us on what to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
please read this before attemting any microwave repairs,
CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven, you probably have either a bad door switch or your main control board is bad. thanks Bryan
Can you tell me if the heat sensor should read open or closed on a meter, thanks,
Yvette Funel
which heat sensor are you refering to?
It has two red wires connected to it, as you open the door on the top right theres a little hole where the sensor is, right now it reads closed on the meter when it is unplugged from the red wires. Or do you still think we should bring it to a professional repair where they can check out the other two things you have suggested earlier? Thanks for all you help.
Yvette Funel
I believe from what your saying you have a bad door switch. there are 3 or sometimes 4 depends on the machine and all but one should have continuity when the door is closed and one will have continuity with the door open (thats the light switch one) if your going to check these yourself make sure the microwave is unplugged. these switches will be right on the right side where your door latch goes into machine.you will have to open the control panel on the right to get to them. be very carful though dont get into the cavaty of the control panel to far because thats where the high voltage parts are , I bet you find a bad switch, thanks Bryan
Hi Bryan,
All three switches checked out okay, what else can we try? The door switches all are fine.
Thanks,
Yvette Funel
well really theres not much else besides the board itself, it probably have a bad relay on it, you cant test these, sorry. thats all i have on this, well wishes and thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician