Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Sharp Carousel R-1480. I have been searching the

Customer Question
I have a Sharp Carousel...
I have a Sharp Carousel R-1480. I have been searching the internet all this morning, and all information points to a bad magnetron.

Question 1 : how does one go about replacing a magnetron?
Question 2 : If I need to buy a new Microwave what model can fit in the same space of the R-1480? [It is a built in Microwave]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
well first of replacing the magnetron in this is some best left to an appliance tech. these are dangerous to work on and not cheap to repair, this is what the goverment says about this.
CPSC Banner

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , replacing this shouldnt be a problem the microwaves for over the stove microwaves are standard size, you just need to make sure of the height some hang lower than others, thanks, Bryan

What is the average cost of the professional services? (just looking for a rough ball park figure) I need to compare that against the cost of a new Microwave

Regarding the dimensions of the Microwave. Do they all have the same bolt pattern? Is the width and depth the same? (I understand the height can be different)

they vary slightly on the depth but not by much. as far as service call that depends on who you call. the average cost for a home service is around $65.00 plus labor and parts . the magnetron, Part 940173if thats whats wrong is around $105.00, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician