How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i need to replace the act. shaft seal and the act. coupling

Resolved Question:

i need to replace the act. shaft seal and the act. coupling on a ge wwa8898mal washer. do you have installation instructions?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have the agitator out yet? is this the coupling you cant get off? Part 3365let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the agitator pulled right off. Yes, that is the coupling. In trying to remove the old coupling I have destroyed the Act. shaft seal (illistration # XXXXX)
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this should just pry up and off I believe , its been a long time since i've seen one of these, told old to get instuctions now. I'm trying to remember how this comes off, there is a retaining ring but I'm not sure if its under or on top of the seal, do you have the new seal for this yet? if you dont I would order it and it comes with instalation instructions I think. thats all i can think of at this time, Part 2400thanks Bryan
Bryan and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you