Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an Amana washing machine. It started staining our clothing

Customer Question
I have an Amana washing...
I have an Amana washing machine. It started staining our clothing with a black stain that looked like it could have started with grease from the machine. I took off the agitator and am down to the bell seal (which I can't seem to get off). However, there is no sign of grease anywhere. It is very dry. It appears to be sealed well with no flow of water nor grease under the agitator. This makes me doubt the grease stain originated through this area. What is my problem? If it is the bell seal, how do I get if off?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/26/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
well if its comming from the wahing machine this has to be comming from the seal, these drive bells are extremly hard to remove, Part 768605its been on there for a long time and they dont come off easy, allot of times we have to break these off, but you need to get the new assembly before doing this, you may not see the grease until you get completely down to the seal, when we have to break these off we usually take a sharp chisel and crack it until it comes free. the kit comes with all the parts to put it back together so dont worry about breaking the bell. http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LW4302W-%3d%3di768605&PartID=768605 you can get the kit here, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician