How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that leaks at the molded fitting

This answer was rated:

I have a Kenmore dishwasher that leaks at the molded fitting where the inlet hose from the water supply solenoid connects to the body of the dishwasher. I was told that the air gap is plugged. How do I clean it?
can you get me the model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

In doing more research about the "air gap", I found that the air gap is associated with the drain side of the dishwasher.

My problem is with the water supply side. There is a slow drip that runs down the side of the body coming from the molded part where the hose that comes from the inlet solenoid and connects to the barb fitting that is part of molded raised part on the side of the dishwasher body.
do me a favor, I cant bring up a picture of this but i've run into this before. try tightening the nut on the inside of the machine if there is one on this. if not you need to replace the entire babed fitting and the plastic part of this. they sometimes get a small crack in them. allot of parts for this machine for some reason are discontinued, thanks Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you