Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My GE dryer will not stop beeping during the cycle. Model

Customer Question
My GE dryer will not...
My GE dryer will not stop beeping during the cycle. Model DPXH46GAWW
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2009
Appliance Technician: Eric, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Eric, Home Appliance Technician
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you as much as I can!
Is it beeping intermittently or is there ANY kind of rythym or consistency to the beeping?
Thanks
Is beeps intermittently; the sound you would expect to hear when your clothes are dry.
Thanks!
I am assuming that your clothes are NOT in fact dry when this is happening OR you are running a VERY small load. Are any of these the case? Have you tried running a cycle on timed dry and received the same result. This machine as you know will beep when it BELIEVES the clothes are dry based on input it receives from the moisture sensor (2 metal bars you can see when you look inside the drum, where the lint screen goes). This circuit will short when wet clothes contact it, letting the machine know that there are still wet clothes inside. If for some reason this circuit stays open for a prolonged period of time OR there is a problem with the sensor board, part # WE04X10061 , It could misinterpret the actual condition of the moisture sensor circuit and cause this problem. I believe the beeper on this machine is wired into the sensor board. If you dont feel like replacing any parts, the machine is working fine otherwise, you can simply open the top panel by inserting a putty knife between the top and front cabinet panels, about 3 inches from each front corner, release the spring clips that hold the top panel down, swing the panel up and rearward out of your way, disconnect one of the beeper wires from the beeper and TAPE it securely so it doesnt short, close her up and problem (sort of) solved! Otherwise, you will need to use the wiring diagram you will find inside machine to test the integrity of the sensor circuit (normally open, but closed when wet finger applied to sensor bars on lint screen housing) as well as determining where the current is coming from to activate the beeper when it should not be. This can also sometimes be caused by the timer, but thats less likely in this case if the machine is otherwise working perfectly.

Eric:

Do you know which wire is the beeper wire?

Thx

I do not have your wiring diagram but it is number 38 in the diagram I have included and will be the only electrical device in the console besides the small control board on the left that does NOT have a knob attached to it on the outside. Remove one or all of the wires attached to it and TAPE them so they wont short to anything and retry. If you still cannot figure out which device is the beeper, with the top off, it will be beeping hence your original concern and that is where you will disconnect the wiring, as instructed. Remeber, these answers assume that your machine is otherwise working perfectly and you just want to get rid of the beep without replacing expensive parts BUT remember, this operation is NOT a repair. To repair the cause of the problem, you will need to trace the fault in the sensor bar circuit itself or more likely replace the sensor board or timer as I said in my original post.
Let me know if you need clarification, Im here to help.
Thanks!
graphic
Eric, Home Appliance Technician

Okay, I disconnected the beeper wire and that at least "band-aided" the immediate issue.

Thx

No problem and thank you! Let me know if you need anything else, have a great weekend!
Eric, Home Appliance Technician