Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my Bosch dishwasher keeps on draining and wont start a wa

Customer Question
my Bosch dishwasher keeps on...
my Bosch dishwasher keeps on draining and won't start a wash.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2009
Appliance Technician: Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
You need to check the pan under the unit for water.Remove the lower front kickplate.To check inside pan.
opened the kickplate, but don't know where the pan is
Its right behind the kick plate it is the plastic tray.
Do we need to unscrew it to take it out?
If you remove the water valve on the left you will be able to see inside it.
can u giv us step by step instructions and number them
There should be 2 screws holding the water valve remove them pull out the water valve.
Do we hav to turn off the water in the house?
No you just want to look inside the pan for water.
We do not seem to hav the screw dirver needed to remove it
Whats it look like?
There is something on the other side that prevents the tube from being pulled out of the platic plate
It just pulls out just wiggle it around.Shut off the power to the unit.
We need a smaller torex screw with a hole in the middle so we can unscrew the valve from the other thing that is preventing us from pulling it out
Ok
so wat do we do now?
Can you see past the valve ?
no
Well you need to get it out so you can see under there.I think the pan has water in it so it tripped the flood sensor.And that is why it keeps draining.
is there anyway we can just remove the whole plastic plate
That is a lot of work.You can try to take the unit out of the hole it is in and tip it sideways and see if water comes out.
we just removed the dishwasher now how can we possible take the whole plastic thing out
You don't want to do that.Tip the unit on its side and see if water comes out.
there isnt alot of water coming out
But there is water right?
Thank you for trying but it still isnt working
No because it needs to dry out put it on its side so all the water comes out.Then let it sit out over night.When it drys out it will work again.
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician