Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Neptune gas dryer and the heat works sometimes. What

I have a Neptune gas dryer and the heat works sometimes. What should I check out 1st? The heater coil? Where is it and how do I trouble shoot it? What next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me the model # ? if you open the door its on the machine,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MDG 5500 AWW
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I just conducted a test.

Turned on, heat

Turn off

Turned on, no heat

Turned off

Turned on, heat

I did this 3 X and it repeated!

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok sorry I had to eat dinner, this sounds like you need to replace the gas coils, Coils part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$19.50 - Click Image to Close these are only around $20.00, these open the the gas valve and can fail intermitinly, work, not work, you get the picture ,anyway you can get these online @ http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=104 or most any site or a local appliance parts store. heres a picture of where they are located in the dryer. Gas Dryer Gutsyou need to open the door and remove the screws on both sides , the one that hold the door and the ones on the other side as well, lift up on the door and it will come off, then pull the front panel off from the top tip it toward you. you can click this blue link for diagrams, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd;jsessionid=LvpbR4LPQ-QYhGzRp+ag3Q**.shcapp3005?modelNumber=MDG+5500+AWW+&pop=flush hope this helps, thanks Bryan