Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my icemaker stopped making ice after i swit from crushed ice

my icemaker stopped making ice after i swit from crushed ice to cubesch
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me the make and model of the refrigerator? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
kenmore XXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you need to resend model # XXXXX didnt come through, put a space between each # XXXXX letter, the model # XXXXX start with, 110, or 106, or some other three digit # XXXXX , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
kenmore coldspot #106-5666 4500
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok when you say it stopped making ice do you mean the ice stopped comming through the door or the ice maker itself has stopped producing ice? I recieved the model # XXXXX I am checking parts. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The icemaker stopped producing ice. we put in new filter to make sure it was not clogged
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is the ice maker turning? are the fingers going around? . Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no they are not turning
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok is this ice maker is run by an electronic emiter and reciever, ( an electronic eye) that has a red light that blinks when you open the freezer door the light will be on the right side where the ice maker on off switch is. is this blinking or lighting up at all?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the light is blinking
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok on the other side there is a flap that goes in when the door is shut, push that in but dont cover the little whole where the reciever eye is, then push the door light switch in (at top) and tel me what the light does,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the light goes out
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

ok ,press in the emitter flapper door to unblock the optics beam, two pulses followed by by a second delay means the optics are faulty, replace the emiter and reciever, if the led is on steady , the optics are working properly, replace the ice maker. here is the emitter. Electronic control part#(NNN) NNN-NNNN$72.10 - Click Image to Close and here is a replacement ice maker, click here, http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=16 also this is a link to the emitter, http://midwayparts.net/midwayparts/zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=90 thanks Bryan