william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

The tub on my maytag lat9416aae is stuck. The motor engages,

Customer Question

The tub on my maytag lat9416aae is stuck. The motor engages, the pump works, and the pulleys are all intact but the tub won't spin. Someone told me there's a possibility that a piece of clothing got stuck under the agitator but I can't figure out how to take it off. Help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

pop the top cap and pop the cup and you should see a 7/16 bolt in the bottom of this

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=101487&ModelNum=LAT9416AAE&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=50514&Position=6&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=6

look here its number 16 you need to unscrew that out then pull it out never mind what i said earlier