Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My cabrio was loaded with sheets from my bed and stopped with

My cabrio was loaded with sheets from my bed and stopped with a display of F then 50. I tried unplugging it for a couple of days to let it reset (I thought) but when I try to do another load it does the same thing. I can put it on drain and spin and it will get the water out and the basket will spin. Is this something I have to get a repairman to fix?
Hello and thanks for your question. The F50 is indicated when the control can't sense the main motor turning. If the basket turns freely, the harnesses need to be checked between the motor and the control. The motor and motor sensor also need to be tested. You would need to have a tester and take open the top and bottom. Unless you want to get in deep you will need a repairman. Dave