I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Maytag window airconditioner; What does Ee in the display on

Maytag window airconditioner; What does Ee in the display on the front of the unit mean and how do I get rid of it and start the air conditioner?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What is the complete model number of the air conditioner?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The air conditioner was working fine until it just stopped and Ee was displayed in the display on the front of the unit. I have no manual and have unplugged and tried to start it but this display remains and the unit does not respond. It is 1 year old and has a serial number of LP XXXXXXXXXX It is a window mounted unit and I would guess 8 to 10,000btu
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
Nigel.
Look on the sticker on the side of the air conditioner for the Model number, not the serial number.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Don't have access to the unit right now as it is at another location (rental Unit)
Expert:  I.can replied 8 years ago.
Nigel,

Have the rentee change the setting to atomatic and see if the Ee goes away.

It's probably the control board inside the control panel.
I had the same problem with one customers unit and it was because moisture shorted out the board. You can order a new one from Sears Parts for about $45