Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore ultra wash quiest guard 3.. wont start just flashes

Customer Question
Kenmore ultra wash quiest guard...
Kenmore ultra wash quiest guard 3.. won't start just flashes red light when I push the start button...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Customer/p>

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer,
Myself and the other Experts are anxious to help you, If I could please have the make and model number of the appliance that you have posted your question about? Along with any other info that you may think is important that you did not list in your original post to us. I will be more then happy to assist you.

Kenmore mod# XXXXX and ser#fs2609746... if you push the cancel/drain it does drain.... just won't start

what button is flashing ?

is it the clean button?

yeah that one is flashing all the time... when you push start the red light flashes a couple times and stops
please give me the options you have on your model (optins not cycles)
Hi temp wash...sani rinse...heated dry

ok you will do a key dance,

press high temp wash ,sani rinse ,high temp wash , sani rinse

All th lights will go on ,let run for about 30 sec. then press cancel twice. clean light ,should be off

Also always run hot water at sink to make sure water entering dishwasher.

Do i press and hold them... I am not getting anything
are your after pressing buttons one at a time and let go , close door
door is closed... clean still flashing.. only light coming on... nothing running...

ok one more time press heated wash ,let go sani rinse let go then heated dry , let go then sani rinse , let go

All light should come on .

no luck...
and you are just pressing the buttons one at a time and letting go correct?
yeah..

then you will need to call for service, if you can`t get it to reset .

Once in a while one won`t reset ,not to often but it does happen !!!

John, Home Appliance Technician