Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Maytag quiet series 300 model mdbh965aww. My wife

We have a Maytag quiet series 300 model mdbh965aww. My wife just loaded it up and closed the door and pushed the start button. Nothing happened. Door is securely closed. I can get insta wash, lite wash, and rinse only buttons to flash but dishwasher will not run. I have checked racks to be sure that nothing is sticking out and blocking anything and all appears good. There is power and water to the unit.

Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the most common cause for this is the door latch assembly. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=test the switches on this.this runs around$24.00, the other reason is a bit more money, the control board. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=if the door switches check out you need a board . the control board is around $159.00 so make sure your door latch assembly is good before ordering this.