Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Miele vacuum cleaner will not turn on. The bag is not full.

Customer Question
My Miele vacuum cleaner will...
My Miele vacuum cleaner will not turn on. The bag is not full. Not sure what's going on. I have a Miele Classic if that helps.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/16/2009
Appliance Technician: Summer, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Summer
Summer, Home Appliance Technician
Hey,

If the vacuum cleaner is not running, most likely it is an electrical problem of some sort.

The basic procedure is to test electrical continuity from the wall to the motor in a series of logical steps at various critical points.

The first step is easy.
Plug a lamp into the wall. Confirm that the power from the wall is good. You'd feel awfully silly after taking your vacuum cleaner apart only to find a tripped breaker on your home's electrical panel!

Next, is power getting to the switch? If not, the cord is bad.

Is power getting beyond the switch? If not, the switch is bad.

And so on.

If power is detected at the motor, but the motor doesn't run, the motor is bad. That is probably the worst case scenario in terms of repair cost as it will have to be replaced with a new one.

Good Luck.
If this has helped you, do not forget to ACCEPT.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Happy to help you Always.
Thanks & regards
Summer
Summer, Home Appliance Technician
Summer
Summer
Summer, Home Appliance Technician