Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i washed two pair of tennis shoes with clothes yesterday; the

i washed two pair of tennis shoes with clothes yesterday; the cycle stopped at or near the beginning of the spin cycle. since then the washer is locked up. I have tried all different settings and nothing happens. I removed the clothes and shoes out, however, the washer is still full of water. what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this a whirlpool or kenmore top load washer? can youi get me the model # ? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
kenmore model 400 top load washer
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you have a bad lid switch in this. does your lid have a little post sticking down that goes through a hole in the top of machine? take a pencil and try putting machine in spin and push down through the hole and see if it spins, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I cannot locate that little post going throught the top of my machine
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok can you get me the full model#? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sears kenmore Model 400 type 111-07 CW0540678 serial no. 110.28422700
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok now I see your switch is in the control panel on this model. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=you need to open the control panel to get to this switch. on this diagram you need to get a putty knife and push the clips marked# XXXXX on this diagram in and release the control panel so you can tip it back and lay it against the wall. thye lid switch is under the control panel on the left or right side and will look just like the one pictured above, just push the littl tab in and the switch will come out, replace it and the washer will spin once again! thanks Bryan, diagram ,