Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

my whirlpool duet wfw9200 clothes washer beeps constantly,

my whirlpool duet wfw9200 clothes washer beeps constantly, 3 beeps repeating, no error codes and no apparent problems with performance. the selector light also flashes. one repairman has given up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 8 years ago.
Hello does the door lock?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, the locked light goes on and the cycle proceeds normally
Ok so the unit will fill wash and spin but beeps three times during the wash?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it beeps constantly as soon as you hit the start button, i do not think it beeps with just the power button on
Ok what parts did the tech replace?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the circuit board
And thats it the control on the top correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i did not see where it went but i did see tthe part and it was about 6" square, it was not the control panel
Ok so just so im on the same page the control has been replaced but when you select a cycle and press start the unit will just beep and not start the cycle correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no, you can select any cycle and press the start button and it does start and cycle all the way through, the damn thing just beeps the whole time it is running. the clothes seem to come out clean and dry as you would expect
Ok im with you know this is very interesting was this a factory authorized tech that was out to look at this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no just alocal guy who we have good luck with in the past
Ok well i can not give you a honest answer but the three beeps means a door lock issue.I will talk to our lead tech in the am and post back after work tomorrow with a definite answer sorry i hope this is ok if not i can opt out and another tech can pick this question up?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i will be happy to wait til tomorrow pm.

Talk to you then

Ok thanks sorry i could not answer this one tonight i will talk to lead and then post in the pm have a good night.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i went out and checked this pm. it starts beeping as soon as you hit the power button. it only beeps on regular cycle but the selector light blinks on all cycle settings. thought this might help
Ok ill take this info with me thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
one more thing, when you hit the power button the beep is constant and regular, when you start a "regular" cycle you get the 3 beeps in a row, which repeats throughout the cycle. if you turn the selector to another setting (heavy duty, delicate) the selector light continues to blink but the tones go away, silence.
Ok I talked to our lead today he says the three beeps is a door lock issue.If the tech has already replaced the control the only thing it can be is the door lock.Do you want the part number?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes send me the part number please
Ok here is a link click here