william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My LG WM2277HW washer is flashing error code OE and cant get

Customer Question

My LG WM2277HW washer is flashing error code OE and can't get it to spin or drain. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
everything works? except it wont drain/spin right?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

do you see a little access door on the lower front left on your machine?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes we already drained it and there was nothing in the trap.
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
is the door lock lite still on when it does this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It was the first time, but not each subsequent time....it just stops draining and spinning.
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
if the door lock lite isnt on its not gonna drain and spin thats what activates it this is what i need to know about the door lite does it do this on all the cycles
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes the first time it gave us the code it wasn't doing anything and it wouldn't unlock....the next two times it was locked while running but then when the error code popped up the door unlocked. I know it is a drainage problem of some sort, but I just need to know how to unclog it.
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

Open the access door at the lower left on the front of the washer. Drain remaining water using the small hose. (at least if it is not plugged) Unscrew and remove the large knob. Clean out filter. If filter was clean, you may need a new pump motor, or something may have made it past the filter and is jamming the pump impeller check for a kink too if all is clear then you will probally need a drain pump make sure that the connections on the pump motor are on securely

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already did that I need to know where the pump motor is and how to get to it.
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

here is your service manuel for your machine it will show you how to take apart to get to your drain pump

http://136.166.4.200/contents/Laundry/WM1832/WM1832xx_Service_Manual.pdf