How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Kitchenaid Supera dishwasher is about 11 years old. The

This answer was rated:

My Kitchenaid Supera dishwasher is about 11 years old. The control panel has been very touchy for about 2 years. We had to bump it (sometimes a few times) to make the dishwasher go but it does an excellent job cleaning the dishes.   But yesterday, the dishwaher would start and humm but does not go through the cleaning cycle (no water but the inside of the dishwasher get hot).

Do I just need a new control panel or should I just get a new one? If I do get a new dishwasher, what do you recommend? Thank you.

can you get me the model#? sounds like you may have a bad water valve or a stuck float, thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

yes. I will go get it now. Please hold on. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX
ok since your not getting any water i suspect its this, Part 831819this is your water inlet valve. these make a humming noise when trying to put water in if you can hear the humm but its not filling with water the valve is probably bad,click here for all the diagrams for the dish washer. if you have a volt meter its best to check for 110 volts to the valve before replacing ,if you get 110 volts and no water is comming in you have a bad valve. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How hard is it to replace this part for a non-professional? How much should it cost if I call an local applicance company?
not to hard, the valve is located behind the bottom kick panel under the door, shut the water off under the sink and remove the copper line from the valve take the screws out holding it to machine the unplug the valve take the rubber hose off the top of valve and then do the reverse to replace it. please shut breaker off to machine before attempting repair though. the rubber hose is # XXXXX on this diagram, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thank you. One last questions, how much should it cost if I call a appliance company professional?

well he will most likely charge you around $60.00 for the part plus the service and labor charge, dont call Sears or A&E service though they charge way to much, call a local company and ask them what they would get to replace it. hope this helps, thanks,Bryan
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help
your welcome, have a great day and thanks, Bryan