Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My vent hood (G E model ZV750SY Kitchen Hood) stopped working

Customer Question

My vent hood (G E model ZV750SY Kitchen Hood) stopped working a few days ago. When I removed the cover to the circuit board and checked the fuse, I found that the wire to the fuse was not attached. I reconnected it, and now the fan works fine but the lights are not as bright as they were before this all started. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
sound like the transformer ,,, does the fan blow at full speed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, it does sound like it is at full speed.
does this unit have the switch for dim and bright for the lights
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes. The fan as well. The fan sounds as if it is normal, but the lights have three levels that are all weaker than before the unit stopped.
does the light change with each setting
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, a little brighter each setting.
sound like its working right ,, sound like it was working wrong before you had to work on it ,, if it works on all three settings then its working and if the transformer wasnt working then the light would only work on one setting and that would be low only
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well all I can tell you is that it was brighter before it stopped working. It was the same brightness for 5 years since I've had this unit. Now the light at the brightest level is at least half of level it was before.
so the bright is about the same as med
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, more like the lowest setting from before.
i believe the transformer will most likely be the problem ,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost $159.99 ,,, it controls the power though the unit ,,, here is a link to it

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=WB17X10002&productGroupId=0022&supplierId=364&brandId=0432& ;documentId=G0503039&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=ZV750SY&keyId=0208&pageId=00001&productTypeId=0122400&searchModelNumber=ZV750SY%20&subCompDesc=Range%20hood&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=RANGE-HOOD&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list

graphic