Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag model LSG7806AAE stackable washer/dryer combo.

I started a wash cycle...
I have a Maytag model LSG7806AAE stackable washer/dryer combo. I started a wash cycle and the tub was filling up with water. After 2~3 gallons of water (approximately), the washer suddenly stopped filling with water. I tried the other wash cycles and none of them work. I cannot even get the water in the tub to drain. No cycles work. The dryer, on the the other hand, works fine.

I tried to locate a service manual and am unable to find one either on-line or through my local appliance parts distributor. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? I do not want to spend the money on a new timer if it isn't the problem. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated and or a source for the service manual.
7/6/2009
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
the Timer won't be the problem if everything has siezed to work. It sounds like your washer fuse has gone bad and it comes as a kit with 2 switches that generally are the part that shorts out the fuse. Here is the kit--- it's called a lid switch assembly.

CLICK HERE

This assembly is located underneath the top panel of the washer. You will need to remove the front panel first. There are 2 philips screws near the bottom of the front panel just under the crease. Remove these and pull the front panel off. Next, remove the top panel by remove the 2 screws coming in from the inside of the washer on the left and right side. After you remove this panell you will find a plastic box with the lid switch assembly located on the back middle of the top panel.

Excellent instructions. According to the drawing on the PartsSelect website, both switches are located inside this plastic box. Please confirm.

Also, where is the fuse located?

they are all 3 located inside that box usually.

Sometimes the fuse is located around the corner where the wires come down near the front of the case. Pop the front panel off and look at the wire harness that comes down the side of the case. If the fuse is not in that plastic box then it's mounted in the front left or right corner with the wires.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the problem. I purchased the kit at my local appliance store (based on the part number information you provided in the link). Followed your directions and replaced the switch assembly and fuse (which was located along the wall on the front left side). Unfortunately I couldn't wait to order the part from Part Select, as I had many clothes piling up and needed to get the laundry done. I will definitely be using this service again in the future. Thank you for all of your help, you're a true life saver.
Alright well I'm glad you got it working again. you have a great day!!
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc