Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

the water comes in but just settles to the bottom.the two blades

do not spin or dispence...
the water comes in but just settles to the bottom.the two blades do not spin or dispence water. please help.
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2009
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
is this a dish washer?, if so can you get me the make and model #? thanks Bryan
yes, it's a dishwasher - make=fridedaire/model=gallery ultra quiet III - model# XXXXX XXXXX and serial# XXXXX XXXXX
ok , let me take a look at the model, by the way when you put it in drain does it drain? also do you hear the motor run after it fills? and last but not least how high is the water in the tub after filling? thanks Bryan
ok afetr looking at your model they had allot of trouble with these pump and motor assembly's, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=do you have a volt meter? let me know thanks Bryan

there is no drain feature - it does drain when the rinse cycle is used though - yes the motor runs once it fills and only the circular, concave pan at the bottom of the dishwasher gets filled - thanks Pat PS - no, we don't have a volt meter

ok it sounds like your not getting enough water in this , there should be allot more water and if there isnt theres not enough water to circulate and spin the spray arms. try puring about a gallon or so more water in after it fills and see if the spray arms spin then , there should be water about an inch to and inch and a have above the concaved part. Bryan
we added about an inch of water to the basin and put the button on the normal wash cycle - the blades did not spin and when we opened the door the result was that some of the water had actually drained - when we let the cycle continue, all the water emptied out entirely - Pat
how long did it run before all the water drained out? did it run the whole timed cycle or drain almost immediately. Bryan
pretty much immediately-Pat
it sounds like you have a bad timer in this, the timer is going to drain as soon as it fills, heres the timer, this runs about $110.00 i never like frigiadaire dish washers, their allot of trouble, if you need the timer you can order it @ http://www.appliancepartspros.com/part_details.aspx?image=2&part_id=2109653&pn_=154408901 your drian contacts are stuck and it goes to drain as soon as it fills. thanks, Bryan
thanks for all your help, Bryan - one more quick question for you please - where is the timer located?-Pat
its in the control panel, if you click here you can bring up all the daiagrams for your dish washer. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd?modelNumber=FDB636GFS5+&pop=flush under sub components click control panel and its part# XXXXX on the diagram, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
thanks for your great help - this is a great service we will use again - you are very exact and thorough in your answers, Bryan - thanks again!
your very welcome,thanks and if you need further assistance please feel free to ask, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician