Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LARRY YOU HELP ME THE OTHER DAY WITH MY GE REF CHANGING THE…

Customer Question
LARRY YOU HELP ME THE...
LARRY YOU HELP ME THE OTHER DAY WITH MY GE REF CHANGING THE PANEL ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FREEZER DOOR. THAT DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. SHOULD THE LIGHT BE CHANGED THAT WOULD EFFECT FROM NOT WORKING? WHAT ELSE CAN I CHECK?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 9 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
which light isnt working ,,, the one inside the freezer or fridge
THE LIGHT ON THE CUBE/WATER DISP....IF I REPLACE IT WILL IT LET THE PANEL WORK, OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE WRONG. EVERYTHING INSIDE THE FRIDE WORKS?
replacing the bulb will not fix this problem ,,, please send me the model number again
GE PROFILE SIDE/SIDE    PSF26MGWA WW

DOES THE BOARD HAVE A FUSE OR DOES THE FREEZER DOOR HAVE A FUSE?
does which board have a fuse? ,,,, the one on the dispenser
POWER CONTROLING THE DISPENSER. I WAS TOLD THAT BEHIND THE DOOR THERE WAS A FUSE. IF NO FUSE IS THERE A RESET BUTTON OTHER THAN THE ONE OF THE DISPENSER?
sorry if i;m slow today .... the dispenser control or door does not have a fuse but if the door switch is bad then it will not work and if the mother board on the bad goes out it will not work and it does have a fuse ........ with the freezer door open does the light inside the freezer come on and will it go out if you push in on the light switch?
THE LIGHT IS ON WHEN OPEN AND GOES OUT WHEN THE LIGHT BUTTON IS PUSHED.
and you did replace the board in the dispenser?
#93 in this picture
graphic
YES....
#55 is a disp lighting board assy and if it fails it can cause the problem too ,,, the part number is XXXXX and it cost 34.49 ... i would replace it before even thinking about the motherboard on the back

HOW DO I REMOVE THE PART #55
when you remove the dispenser panel on the freezer it sets inside and i believe on the right side and if i remember right it plugs in
SINCE YOU DIAGRAM IS FRO SEARS, CAN I USE A SEARS PART?
sure can and here is a link to order it from sears ,,, i use their site alot since i was with sears for years before i retired and i can still get into their site haha

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showPart.pd?partNumber=WR02X12030&productGroupI d=0046&supplierId=363&brandId=0432&documentId=G0808035&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=PSF26MGWAWW&keyId=0055&pageId=00001&productTypeId=0165000&searchModelNumber=PSF26MGWAWW&subCompDesc=Freezer%20door&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR-W-SERIES&backToLink=Return%20to%20part%20list
OK, BUT I NEED TO REMOVE THE WHOLE DISPENSING SYSTEM. THEIR ARE 2 SEWERS UNDERNEATH THE DISPENSER DO I REMOVE THEM AND THEN THE WHOLE SYSTEM SLIDES DOWN AND WHAT SIZE OF FITTING? DO YOU HAVE A DIGRAM OF THAT?
been awhile but i believe after you remove the board you replaced you will take the disp housing loose and replace it ... the disp housing is #58 in the picture ,,,,, i have to leave but will be back later today if you need me