Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have an Advanced Cooking System Super Capacity Plus stove.

I have an Advanced Cooking System Super Capacity Plus stove. We had a power surge. Now, while the top burners work, the control panel is dark and all the touch pad buttons are non-responsive. I've tried power off/power on with no success. What now? Bill Martin
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 8 years ago.
The power surge more then likely took out your control board. The control is not repairable, and will have to be replaced. If you can give me your model and serial number I can get you some part information.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Where do I find the model and serial numbers? And where can I download user's manual?
Expert:  Alan replied 8 years ago.
model and serial numbers are located either around the opening of the oven, on one of the legs behind the drawer or sometimes under the cooktop if it lifts up easily.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model# XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The link for manual says could not find model number. Is installation relatively obvious for the control panel?
Expert:  Alan replied 8 years ago.
ok here is a better link for the manual. http://shared.whirlpoolcorp.com/product_literature/search_results.jsp?searchTerm=mer5770&siteCd=WHRCOM

The control is pretty easy to replace. Here is a picture of the parts.
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/M0411009-00001.png