Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an error code E2 on my Maytag washer MAH9700AWW and

Customer Question
need to know what I...
I have an error code E2 on my Maytag washer MAH9700AWW and need to know what I can do about it. I'm somewhat of a service tech so I'm pretty sure I could fix it if I knew what my options were. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2009
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
is this a washing machine or a dishwasher
FL Maytag Washer about 2 Years old

A key is sensed to be

pressed more than 30

seconds, the key will be

assumed to be stuck

No, there is no key stuck. The motor is trying to turn but the sensor is not reading it. The tech sheet says that this is the problem but I don't know how to solve it. It has something to do with re-aligining the sensor or something like that on the motor. If you aren't familiar with this type of motor, please give me to someone who is. Thank you

excuse me but thats what the error code means E2 now they do have a 2E fault code but thats not what you said that you have you said that its a E2

I apologize if I gave you the wrong code. I wasn't quit sure if it was e2 or 2e but I am sure that it is a motor problem and not a stuck key. Thank's for your patience with me.
but whats the code that you are seeing?
Okay...sorry for the confusion...Here are the facts. "E3" appears and this refers to error code "2E" which states Machine control is attempting to drive motor but is not sensing any tack response. Locked hall sensor
do you want your service manuel for this shows pictures and everything else
No. I just need someone (who may have had some experience with this problem)to tell me if I need to make an adjustment with the RPS or if I need to replace a part on the motor or the whole motor (34001269).

2E

Motor Drive

failure

(Locked, Hall

sensor fault)

Machine control

is attempting to

drive the motor

but is not seeing

any tach

response. Visual

check shows

motor is not

moving.

Display "E3"

Evaluate wire

harness for loose

or unhooked

connections. If

machine has

separate motor

control, perform

self diagnostic

motor test.

you will need to put this into a test mode have you done this

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

I'm not there either but I have to go back this afternoon. I left it in the test mode this morning and assuming it is still in the test mode. A "0" shows on the panel which means no rotation but I am assuming also that I can open the door or go behind and rotate the motor or drum by hand to see if the sensor is picking up the signal for rotation.

ok and while your at it check all the connections and look for any bent terminals

Okay, William. Thanks for hanging in there. If I find any bent terminals and it solves the problem I will be very happy to pay you and even give you a bonus. I know I didn't help you much but if this is all you can give me, I kinda feel like I know more about this problem that you do ( I do have the advantage of seeing it ) I was just hoping someone there could explain what is happening. I am leaving this window open and will be back in and hour or so, so if you can come up with anything else, please do so. I'll pay you when I get back if that is okay. Thank you.

There is no adjustment for this error, if it continues replacing the motor is the repair..

william, Home Appliance Technician