Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi, I have Electrolux Fridge Model ER 7831-1, Type B256940

I have Electrolux Fridge Model ER 7831-1, Type B256940 PNC XXXXXXXXX Serial 92400005, For the past few weeks, the freezer unit working but the top part is not cooling. I set the temperature to 6 to zero and zero to 6 and it doesn't work. Is it anything to do with regulator switch, thermostat ? If so can i get replacement ?
thanking you,
Regards,
murali
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Hi, this is Bryan, can you tell me if there is any frost on the back panel inside the freezer section ? let me know thanks,Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

yes in the freezer compartment, not in the food compartment, but it is not great in freezer compartment too. But i can hear the running noise of the compressor.

Thanks,

Regards,

murali

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

It sound like a defrost problem, first thing you should do is remove the back panel inside the freezer and defrost all the frost off the coils with a hair dryer then put it back together and let it cool for 24 hours and then we can test to see why its not defrosting, there shouldnt be any frost on the panel. do that and get back to me later. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks bryan, This is the reasaon the upper compartment storage for day to day food is not cooling and the back panel inside is very warm. Please let me know and i will do as you say.

Thanks,

Regards,

murali

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well if you have allot of frost behind the panel the air cant flow into fresh food section causing the fresh food section to get warm. also make sure the light inside the fresh food section is going off when you shut the door. let me know thanks, Bryan