French-door refrigerator is making a humming noise which stops…

Customer Question
French-door refrigerator is making a...
French-door refrigerator is making a humming noise which stops only when I open the freezer door. Any suggestions. Problem just started.... Read full answer
French-door refrigerator is making a humming noise which stops only when I open the freezer door. Any suggestions. Problem just started.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/3/2009
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 10 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
you need to replace the vap fan motor ,, that will fix it ,,, you can contact a local appliance parts dealer with the model number to get one / thanks
Is this common in a refrigerator that is only a few months old?
i have seen this with brand new units and some 20 years old ,,,, if this is only a few months old (less than a year) you need to call the ones you bought it from and see who they use for service and let them repair it for you under the full one year warranty instead of you being out the money
Appliance Tech Larry
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
We have a French door fridge freezer and it is make a
We have a French door fridge freezer and it is make a humming noise when we shut all the doors. When we open the fridge or freezer door the noise stops. Also noticed that it is not making ice even tho… read more
Austin
Austin
We have a Kenmore French Door Bottom Freezer Frig. Purchased
we have a Kenmore French Door Bottom Freezer Frig. Purchased 5-7-15. It works just fine but now has a constant hum that is driving us CRAZY. Frig & freezer are working fine but the constant noise is a… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
French door refrigerator is making musical noises like door
french door refrigerator is making musical noises like door is open but doors are closed. When door is opened lights go out.… read more
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Maitenance Supervisor,
Stop searching for answers—
Whirpool refrigerator 24ft. Bottom Freezer GZ25SSRXXY Ice
Whirpool refrigerator 24ft. Bottom Freezer GZ25SSRXXY Ice dispenser has stopped working I can receive water but no Ice!!! … read more
Appliance Technician,
I have a Kitchenaid French door refrigerator that is making
I have a Kitchenaid French door refrigerator that is making a very loud gurgling noise from the freezer drawer. This has been going on for about a week now. When I open the freezer drawer, the noise s… read more
Appliance Technician,
I have LG French Door Refrigerator Model # LFX25991ST - 05
I have LG French Door Refrigerator Model # ***** - 05 and it is making a pretty loud noise, and when I open the door it stops. Can you help me...… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My Amana French Door refrigerator/freezer started to make a
My Amana French Door refrigerator/freezer started to make a clicking noise and the freezer stopped keeping food frozen. Then, it worked again for a while. Now the entire unit stopped working. Is it a … read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
My Samsung fridge is making a loud hum, sounds like a fan running,
My Samsung fridge is making a loud hum, sounds like a fan running, that stops immediately on opening the door, and restarts when the door is closed.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Hi, I have a Kitchen Aid 22 cubic foot refrigerator with the
Hi, I have a Kitchen Aid 22 cubic foot refrigerator with the french doors and freezer compartment below. Its two years old and has worked well. Recently it began to make an annoying low rumbling noise… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a French Door 26 cuft fridge purchased in 2008 which
I have a French Door 26 cuft fridge purchased in 2008 which I really except that it qmakes a loud humming noise constantly. Noise doesn't stop when door or freezer are opened. It has always done this … read more
Barry G.
Barry G.
We have a GE refrigerator Model # XXXXX We bought it in
We have a GE refrigerator Model # XXXXX We bought it in 1991. Today, it started to make a loud humming noise as it cools the frig… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our GE Profile refrigerator (4 years old) has started making
Our GE Profile refrigerator (4 years old) has started making a humming noise. It stops and starts. It appears to be a vibration. Suggestions?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
We purchased a Samsung French Door Refrigerator (pull-out freezer
We purchased a Samsung French Door Refrigerator (pull-out freezer on the bottom), Model RF266ABBP and Serial # XXXXX T, in September 2009. About a month ago, it started making a loud, grating fan nois… read more
Francis
Francis
shop owner,
I have a LG cabinet depth french door stainless steel freezer
I have a LG cabinet depth french door stainless steel freezer on the bottom, refridge. There is a loud motor sound humming that just started. It stops when the door opens but starts when the door clos… read more
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal
Owner,
We have and LG side by side Refrigerator, 3 and 1/2 years old.
We have and LG side by side Refrigerator, 3 and 1/2 years old. The freezer has just started making a loud humming noise that goes in and out and sometimes gets really loud. Everything is working fine … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Jenn-air built in refrigerator model JS48SEDBDA,
I have a Jenn-air built in refrigerator model JS48SEDBDA, that has a loud humming noise. The noise comes and goes. It was doing it for about two days, now the noise has seemed to stop. Sounds like it … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My refrigerator has stopped working. The light is on and I
My refrigerator has stopped working. The light is on and I hear a humming noise sometimes, but the refrigerator is not cold and the freezer has completely defrosted. I have turned the temperature swit… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
My refrigerator will make a humming noise when it turns on
My refrigerator will make a humming noise when it turns on to cool the refrigerator. I can unplug it and then plug it back and the noise will stop. As a result, it comes on and off periodically throug… read more
Randy 43
Randy 43
appliance technician,