My Kenmore electric dryer will only operate while the start…

Customer Question
My Kenmore electric dryer will...
My Kenmore electric dryer will only operate while the start button is depressed. I believe the timer is not latching on. Is there anything else that would cause this to happen?... Read full answer
My Kenmore electric dryer will only operate while the start button is depressed. I believe the timer is not latching on. Is there anything else that would cause this to happen?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2009
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 10 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Please send me the Model #Yes something else can cause the problem
The part number on the electrical drawing is(NNN) NNN-NNNN When I hold the start switch on the dryer operates. If I open the door the dryer will stop(even with me holding the start switch on).
Thats not the Model # XXXXX the dryer door It should be there
XXXXXXXXXXX
It all came to me as XXXXXX put the first three numbers then a dot then the rest
110.86874100

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=b6a8i1378522&PartID=1378522

This part here is the usual problem .,I would replace it ,

Its located in the console by the timer
I just spoke with repair clinic.com, the link to the part and a control board is NOT used on this model. There is no circuit board in the console.

Part 2025

Then its got to be the motor switch,This is howits suppose to look ,If # XXXXX to % are not making contact ,Its the motor switch,The motor switchis almost as expensive as the whole motor,$ 75,00 The whole motor is $ 98.00

John, Home Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a kenmore electric dryer that the only way the start
I have a kenmore electric dryer that the only way the start button will make it start is pushing the timer button at the same time as start button ...it will run and stop after 10 to fifteen minutes b… read more
Austin
Austin
I have a Kenmore electric dryer Model # 66812692 that wont
I have a Kenmore electric dryer Model # 66812692 that wont start. At first it would start then shut off. The timer makes a clicking noise when you push in the start button. Does that sound like a bad … read more
Mark M
Mark M
Appliance Repair Technician / Handyman,
Bachelors
I've a Whirlpool Dryer Mdl #WDG5520 SQ that won't start. All
I've a Whirlpool Dryer Mdl #WDG5520 SQ that won't start. All the data I get from Whirpool says it's a gas dryer but it is electric with a push button start. … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
Kenmore 402-89032012 dryer--no heat--cooling light stays on.
kenmore 402-89032012 dryer--no heat--cooling light stays on … read more
Appliance Repair Technician,
From Keller Appliance, I am working on a Kenmore 800 Series
Hello this is Bill from Keller Appliance, I am working on a Kenmore 800 Series electric dryer (MODEL # 110.69822801). The dryer will not start when the start button is depressed. I have checked the th… read more
Appliance Technician,
GE model# GTDP180ED2WW does nothing. Light comes on when
GE model# ***** does nothing. Light comes on when door opens and goes off when door button is depressed. 230VAC present across L1 & L2. 120VAC goes into timer but no output detected at any other termi… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My Frigidaire electric dryer will not turn on after setting
My Frigidaire electric dryer will not turn on after setting timer and pushing start button. Model FDE336RES1. When pushing button I hear a faint click but nothing happens each time start button is pus… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a kenmore elite dishwasher *********** it stopped working
I have a kenmore elite dishwasher *********** it stopped working (no lights on control panel), I replaced the thermostat fuse. The lights came on but does not function. I tried diagnostic test (pushin… read more
Appliance Technician,
My Maytag MGD9700SQO is showing two red dashes(--) in the timer
My Maytag MGD9700SQO is showing two red dashes(--) in the timer LED and won't let me change time settings or automatic settings and just makes a beep when start button is depressed!… read more
Appliance Technician,
We have an electric Frigidaire Gallery Oven Model # XXXXX
We have an electric Frigidaire Gallery Oven Model # XXXXX purchased in approx. 2001. The display next to the digital time reads in red letters 'Loc'. We cannot get rid of this and the only button that… read more
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
President,
I have Whirlpool LEC6646AQ0 dryer that wont start. I believe
I have Whirlpool LEC6646AQ0 dryer that won't start. I believe I have tested all I can...Thermal High cut-off (3389946), High Limit Thermostat (3390291), Thermal Fuse (3392519). All above show 0.00 ohm… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Kenmore 80 series dryer wont turn on. There is a buzzing sound
Kenmore 80 series dryer won't turn on. There is a buzzing sound when you push the start button. Model # XXXXX XXXXX I looked to make sure the door switch was depressing when the door was closed. Not s… read more
Francis
Francis
shop owner,
Stop searching for answers—
2 year old Kenmore HE2t dryer will not start. Display panel
2 year old Kenmore HE2t dryer will not start. Display panel turns on and sound buzzes, but dryer will not begin cycle. Thoughts on problem?… read more
Eduardo
Eduardo
Tech Trainer,
kenmore dryer 80 timer doesnt stop contine to run when door
kenmore dryer 80 timer doesn't stop contine to run when door is open it does stop . what is the defect maybe the timer? help please… read more
Justin
Justin
Appliance tech and Business owner,
I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dish-washer (665.16685). It stops
I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dish-washer (665.16685). It stops in rinse cycle. If I push on the door it will restart. Is it the latch or something else.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My dryer will starts and works perfectly for a few minutes,
My dryer will starts and works perfectly for a few minutes, and then shuts off. It will restart, but only to quit again in a couple of minutes. All of the sensors were replaced, and motor. Any sugesti… read more
Tech/owner,
I have a speed queen dryer that hums when the timer is depressed.
I have a speed queen dryer that 'hums' when the timer is depressed. The dryer will not start. The dryer is electric and just over 3 years old. Is this likely to be the timer or the motor? How do I tel… read more
Robert
Robert
Owner/Lead Technician,
I have a Kenmore dryer a couple of years old. When we went
I have a Kenmore dryer a couple of years old. When we went to turn push the button to turn it on today, it did not turn out. We checked the breaker, the power to the unit--the light inside does come o… read more
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service
Business Owner,