Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Regarding MT Stack Washer/dryer Model # XXXXX Symptom

Customer Question
Regarding MT Stack Washer/dryer Model...
Regarding MT Stack Washer/dryer Model # XXXXX
   Symptom: Washer stops in mid cycle. Start wash over and it finishes. New parts include door latch assembley and switches and drain pump.

Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2009
Appliance Technician: esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
if it a maytag and i believe it is they have a computer board behind the timer that always shorts out. what brand is your washer

It's a Maytag. what computer board are you talking about. I've located a push button switch and a switch membrane on marcone website but can't find part.

if you remove the back panel where the timer is you will see a computer board that sits on a white bracket.

Hey thanks for your reply. I replaced the computer board today. Typically when I'm there the washer completes load without incident. The issue is becoming more frequent. After I replaced the board today the first cycle I ran stopped and flashed message "select washer setting" When you re-select setting the wash finishes from where it left off. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mark

esequiel walker
esequiel walker