Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge frig and it has not made enough ice for me since

Customer Question
I got it. I have...
I have a ge frig and it has not made enough ice for me since I got it. I have never had a frig that didn't make enough ice until this one. Model # XXXXX I have had a service person come out and replaced the ice maker but still not making enough ice. Had the water line replaced and still not making enough ivce for 1 person.Was gone a week and the bin was 1/3 full. I am making ice from trays. I spent all this money on this frig and hate it. Any ideas as to why the ice maker is like this? Cheryl [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2009
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
did he replace the icemaker water selenoid valve? how cold is the freezer?
Don't know what the seleniod valve is. He did repalce the whole ice maker. The ice maker is in the frig not the freezer. But the freezer is set at -2 that is the recommended
wait a minute you say that the i/m is in the frigerator section where you keep your food at like your milk and cheese?
Yes it is a top frig and bottom freezer with the french doors. Ge Profile
you need to get a thermometer and put it in the freezer for me and wait a 1/2 hr and tell me what the actuall temp is can you do this for me
Yes I can do that I just put it in the freezer now at 10.37 Oregon time. But the ice maker is in the frig part it is an intergated ice maker if that helps any. That is what it says on the ice maker front panel.
make sure that there is nothing blocking the airflow also
william, Home Appliance Technician