william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

My husband is furious that I asked you for advice! He says

Customer Question

My husband is furious that I asked you for advice! He says he already checked what you said and that when a dishwasher gets stuck in the drain cycle it ONLY drains .....there is no water remaining in the pan!
dateSat, May 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

WE'VE HAD OUR BOSCH SHE45M STAINLESS DISHWASHER FOR A YEAR.
Sent to Appliance Experts May 30 2009 at 1:54 PM

WE'VE HAD OUR BOSCH SHE45M STAINLESS DISHWASHER FOR A YEAR. RECENTLY IT HAS BEGUN TO GET STUCH IN THE DRAIN STEP OF THE WASHING CYCLE, SO THAT IT NEVER COMPLETES A CYCLE.....NO MATTER WHICH ONE IS TRIED. ODDLY ENOUGH SOMETIMES THE MOTOR REMAINS ON WHEN YOU OPEN THE DOOR (WHICH SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AS A SAFTELY FEATURE). ONCE WE TURNED ON THE DISH WASHER BEFORE WE WENT UP TO BED AND IT WAS STILL RUNNING WHEN WE CAME DOWN THE NEXT MORNING.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
how old is your unit? thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1 year
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

ok this is what you need to do i dont know who you where dealing with before but it wasnt me please read this

Important Safety Notice
We'd like to take this opportunity to inform you about an important safety notice that was announced on January 15th, 2009.
Certain models of Bosch dishwashers manufactured between 1999 and 2009 are being voluntarily recalled. The solution is a quick service visit to replace the control panel on the dishwasher. If you own a Bosch dishwasher, please visit our website with your model and serial number to see if your dishwasher requires this repair. Or, simply call 1-800-856-9226. Your personal safety and continued satisfaction is extremely import to us. Thank you for your attention to this important notice.

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am going to check the site I will get back to you
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
seems like your door switch has a problem also cause you mentioned that you could open the door and it will still run and it should shut off when you open the door
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
we have SHE45 MO6UC/48........it only keeps running in the drain cycle....not any others
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

either way it sounds like the control board check your use&care guide you might have a 5yr warrenty on the board